Here are the steps on how to use a sunbed for the first time:
- Choose the right sunbed. There are two main types of sunbeds: lie-down and stand-up. Lie-down sunbeds are more comfortable, but they can be more difficult to get in and out of. Stand-up sunbeds are easier to use, but they need to stand all the time to finish tanning.
- Fill out a skin analysis form. This will help the tanning salon staff determine the correct tanning time for you.
- Clean the sunbed. This will help prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Remove all makeup and jewelry. Makeup and jewelry can block the sun's rays and prevent you from getting an even tan.
- Apply a sunbed lotion. Sunbed lotions help protect your skin from the sun's harmful rays.
- Get in the sunbed. Lie down or stand up in the sunbed according to the instructions.
- Set the timer. The tanning salon staff will help you set the timer for the correct tanning time.
- Relax and enjoy your tanning session. Close your eyes and listen to some music.
- When the timer goes off, get out of the sunbed.
- Moisturize your skin. Moisturizing will help your skin recover from the sun's rays.
Here are some additional tips for using a sunbed for the first time:
- Start with a short tanning session and gradually increase the time as your skin gets used to the sun.
- Avoid tanning if you have any open cuts or sores on your skin.
- Don't tan if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Don't tan if you're taking any medications that make your skin more sensitive to the sun.
- Get regular skin checks from a doctor